IF YOU’RE COMPILING IDEAS FOR UNUSUAL CHRISTMAS GIFTS
- Make it yourself kits – massive uplift in crafting/make-it presents
- Cross stitch – massive revival of cross stitching, even more so during lockdown
- Retro crafts – modernising old style crafts, reworked for the modern age with contemporary designs and colours carefully chosen to fit into today’s stylish homes
- Trends – mindfulness, calming, make-it-yourself/crafting, working on something personal (can be personalised), enhancing your own home, creating a lovely cosy environment at home; more time at home during lockdown!
- Suitable for all ages from age 10+, ideal for daughter, sister, niece, best friend, mum, gran, neighbour, work colleague, new-home owner, newly-wed, anyone with their own home, any keen crafter anyone with a special date/anniversary to commemorate
- The bold colours, the stylish designs
Mills & Fred creates contemporary cross stitch kits which combine colours picked to work with modern interiors, and simple positive timeless messages. The detailed finished items can be framed as a picture, hung as a wall-hanging or made up into a cushion. *
The kits appeal to beginners and experienced stitchers. Says founder Maisie Newman, “Anyone who can count and loves their home will enjoy making one of our kits. They’re fun to make yourself and they make lovely gifts.” The range includes three larger designs, Home, Good Times and Hello Sunshine, plus a smaller bespoke Year design which you can personalise to commemorate any year you want. Adds Maisie, “The Year design is ideal to celebrate a birthday, wedding or special anniversary.”
Mills & Fred, which has a shop on etsy.com, was created during lockdown by a mother and daughter craft-loving team and named after the two-family dogs (see Freddie posing in some of our photos).
*kits contain everything to make the cross-stitch design only, no frame or cushion. Kits contain everything you need to create the work: Appletons 100% pure English wool, sturdy fabric, needle, practice fabric, detailed instruction sheet, colour chart. They are supplied in a recycled brown paper carrier and posted in recyclable packaging. Large kits £35, Year kits £25.
For further information: