Travelodge chooses Brighton for the launch of its new look ‘budget chic’ hotel format – ‘Travelodge Plus’
Today, Travelodge announces the launch of its new hotel format – “Travelodge Plus” and has chosen Brighton as one of five key locations for its new budget chic hotel. This new initiative represents an investment of £10 million.
Brighton Seafront Travelodge is one of six hotels that has been selected out of the company’s 546 UK hotels to trial the new look ‘budget’ chic’ Travelodge Plus format.
This new hotel format at Brighton Seafront Travelodge is designed around the needs of the budget traveller who wants that little bit more style and choice. The new Travelodge Plus concept at Brighton Seafront will offer a distinctive choice of rooms as well as a new style bar café with touches to make it easier to work and relax outside the room.
The other five locations are: Travelodge’s new flagship hotel which opens end of July in the City of London and is the group’s largest new build to date, London Waterloo, Gatwick Airport, York and Edinburgh.
Brighton Seafront Travelodge Plus hotel will offer:
· Enhanced ‘budget chic’ Travelodge Plus rooms, with a new premium ‘Tranquillity Zen’ colour scheme with tones of warm taupe, serenity beige and light white. Features include the signature luxurious king-size Travelodge Dreamer bed, blackout curtains to create a relaxing environment for a restful night’s sleep, USB ports and new bespoke pixel wall art showcasing the UK’s popular business and leisure locations including London and the Scottish Highlands.
· SuperRooms, the group’s ‘premium economy’ room option, featuring Hansgrohe Raindance showers, in-room Lavazza coffee pod machines, irons and ironing boards, larger desks and USB power points throughout.
· A new bar-café with distinctive zones designed to suit the needs of business and leisure travellers. These include counter seating with built in USB and laptop power for those working outside the room, more intimate booths & dining benches for groups, complemented by a stylish new statement bar.
The launch of Travelodge Plus, continues the Company’s drive to offer more choice to the budget hotel market, which is now worth more than £2bn annually in the UK. Following the conclusion of its hotel modernisation programme in 2016 and the launch of SuperRooms in 2017, Travelodge Plus marks the next step in the group’s ongoing programme to upgrade its offer.
Peter Gowers, Travelodge Chief Executive said:
“Britain is now a nation of budget travellers, with more of us choosing to stay in budget hotels than any other hotel type. The launch of Travelodge Plus in Brighton helps us to offer more choice to budget business and leisure travellers to the city whilst staying true to our mission to be the favourite hotel for value.”
“The hotel market is following the same path as airlines and retail. Budget hotels launched as niche offers but now dominate the market, with a wider customer base than ever. After investing more than £100m to upgrade our hotels across the UK, bringing in our ‘premium economy’ SuperRooms and now launching Travelodge Plus, we are now well placed match the needs of today’s travellers. From businesspeople more used to high-end hotels to those just getting away for a quick break, budget hotels now offer a wide range of travel choices to suit everyone.”
Suzy Chiazzari, Colour Consultant, specialising in colour therapy and colour psychology said:
“Colour has played a key part in the development of Travelodge Plus. The eclectic mix of warm and welcoming colours in the Bar Café is visually stimulating, creating an ambience of fun and freshness, which instantly raises your mood and energy levels.
Whilst building upon the success of the calm and relaxing colour scheme in the SuperRooms, the Travelodge Plus classic room is decorated in a new premium ‘Tranquillity Zen’ colour scheme. The serenity beige and light white colour makes the room look light and airy, while the warm taupe wall echoes the mood-enhancing effect of the blue décor used in the SuperRooms. Psychologically, deep blue aids peaceful sleep while warm taupe provides a grounding anchor that makes one feel more relaxed and secure.”
New Travelodge Plus locations:
– London City, in the heart of the city of London
– London Waterloo, a stone’s throw from the station and Old Vic theatre
– London Gatwick Airport
– Edinburgh Central, close to the historic ‘old town’ district
– York Micklegate
– Brighton Seafront